Registering a motor vehicle with a government authority, whether mandatory or not, is the process of registering a motor vehicle.
Registrars establish links between vehicles and their owners or users by registering them. Once the registration is complete, it is easy for the government authority to use the RC information for taxation or any other safety purposes.
Vehicle RC helps give unique identification to every vehicle. Only registered bikes or cars can get a vehicle registration certificate. A vehicle owner must know the difference between a vehicle licensing certificate and a roadworthiness certificate along with the RC importance.
Vehicle RC Status
RC is the registration certificate. It is an official document that proves that the motor vehicle is registered. RC is issued only to those vehicles that are reviewed and tested under RTO legal procedures. It acts as proof for the vehicle.
Driving on a public road without an RC is a crime and a violation of Indian traffic rules and regulations. In order to avoid hefty fines and imprisonment in certain cases, make sure your RC is valid.
Why are Vehicle RC Details Important?
Vehicle RC contains the following information and hence it proves to be beneficial in various circumstances.
- Vehicle registration numeral
- Name as well as the address of the bike/car owner
- Maker’s and vehicle class
- Month and year of vehicle manufacture
- Usage of diesel/petrol
- Chassis number print or sketch and the engine number
- Name of the vehicle body type
- Cubic and seating capacity
- Wheelbase and color of the vehicle
- Unladen weight
- Date of registration and expiry date
- Signature of the owner
How to Register On VAHAN Portal to Check Vehicle RC Status?
You must register on the VAHAN portal using the registration form to check your Registration Certificate Status. You can access some of the most valuable services provided by the RTO authority using simple registration on the VAHAN Portal.
- Visit the “VAHAN” website.
- Register yourself and if already registered, simply add your information by clicking on the “Register” link.
- The requested information must be added to be eligible for submission of the application form.
- Once submitted, you will receive a confirmation.
- Now, you can access all the available information and details regarding your registration certificate or Vehicle RC status. (Make sure you have your application number or registration number with you for completing of process successfully.)
Types of Vehicle Registration Cards:
After the RC is issued, you can get the registration card and also the benefits that come with it. Here are some of the benefits and features of vehicle registration cards:
- Temporary Registration: A dealer gives you the enrollment no. that is temporary. This number is nothing but the official vehicle registration number. It can be used for a short period as it is not valid past the duration.
You must permanently register your Vahan’s Temporary RC. Vehicles must be registered by the Regional Transport Office within one month of receiving a temporary registration number. You can check the status of the Vahan Parivahan RC by clicking here
- Registration for a lifetime: Your Vahan’s vehicle number plate serves as a legal document that proves both the vehicle’s ownership and all other pertinent information.
How to Check Vehicle RC Status?
For Indian citizens to be able to easily access government services from their sofas, all government services must be put on a digital platform. Due to this, all government departments are gradually converting to digital platforms for their service delivery, including RC-related services. Checking the vehicle RC status applications in Maharashtra can be done as follows:
- Parivahan’s official website can be accessed here.
- Choose Vehicle-Related Services from the Online Services menu
- Click “Select State” and choose the state you live in.
- Click Proceed after selecting your vehicle registration RTO.
- This page requires you to select the Status tab. Your application status can be determined by selecting the Know your application status option from the list of options presented.
- Hit the “Submit” button once you have entered your application number.
- Your vehicle RC status of the application will appear on your screen.
What is vehicle RC status and what details are there in vehicle RC status?
RTOs issue registration certificates to vehicle owners after they register their vehicles. Vehicle registration cards serve as proof of ownership, proving that the vehicle belongs to a specific individual.
It is mandatory to register your vehicle at the RTO when you are driving. If you do not have an RC, you face imprisonment, a fine, or both. It is used to identify the vehicle’s owner and keep track of automobile sales and purchases.
Any vehicle you buy must be registered with the state. If you are found driving without an RC, you will be fined. Keep your RC with you at all times while driving.
Frequently Asked Questions(FAQS)
Can I check the RC status online?
Yes, you can check the RC status online. There is an online service for this available from the transport department.
Does the RC website provide information about the program?
At the Parivahan portal, you will find all the information you need.
What are the different scenarios in which the RC Status needs to be checked?
A new vehicle registration, the transfer of your vehicle registration or the sale of your vehicle, or the renewal of your vehicle registration after 15 years.
What information should be provided to check vehicle RC status online?
If you want to check the RC status online on the VAHAN portal, you must first make sure you have the registration number of the vehicle ready.
Without this, you won’t be able to access the VAHAN dashboard which helps you view the vehicle RC status easily. Application no. present in the submission can also help you throughout the process.
The most efficient way to access such information related to your bike online is to know how to do it quickly and easily. To keep up with the changing world, it is crucial to becoming familiar with the processes mentioned above. We hope this blog gave you the information you needed about how to access information about a bike registration certificate or RC, and bike owner details.