Most individuals would not have a fair idea of how to get a bike on rent in Bangalore. First of all, identify the need for a bike on rent. (Eg. Would one require a bike for an hour, a day, a week, a month, etc.?) Let us help in breaking it down:
The most important aspect is to identify the need for renting a bike. Based on the need, we shall move forward. (Eg. If the need is for long-term then one would scout for monthly bike rental services and NOT daily bike rental services)
2. Selection of service provider
Selection of any bike rental organization is very critical as it is directly proportional to the experience one would face. One must have clarification on the following:
- Is there any security deposit?
- What is the lock-in period?
- How long would it take for one to receive the bike from the time of payment?
- What, if any, are the terms and conditions?
- Are there any hidden costs involved?
- What is the policy revolving around the return of the vehicle?
- Is there any policy regarding the servicing of the vehicle
- What is the policy regarding rental payment (Eg. Late payment fees, if any)
There could be a plethora of questions but these questions would give one a reasonable idea about the bike rental organization and their policies.
3. Selection of the bike
Once a bike rental organization has been shortlisted then one can move onto selection of the model
The next step is to fulfill any requirements relating to legal documentation (Eg. Submitting DL, Government approved ID proof, etc.)
Once the organization accepts the documentation, the next step would be to make the payment (if there is a prepaid system in place)
Finally, one could take possession of the bike at a predefined location or even better, have it delivered to the place of residence/office/wherever one would wish to take the bike from, i.e., if the organization offers “home delivery” as a value added service
For an awesome experience, rent out a bike from Ontrack.