The Bajaj CT100 is equipped with a simple yet efficient engine that is designed to offer good fuel economy and reliability, making it a suitable choice for daily commuting. Here’s a look under the hood at the Bajaj CT100’s engine and its performance characteristics:
Engine Type: The Bajaj CT100 is powered by an air-cooled, single-cylinder, four-stroke engine.
Displacement: The engine has a displacement of approximately 99.27 cc (cubic centimeters).
Compression Ratio: The compression ratio is typically around 8.8:1, which is relatively low, contributing to better fuel efficiency and reduced heat generation.
Fuel System: The motorcycle uses a carburetor for fuel delivery, which is common in entry-level bikes.
Ignition System: The CT100 typically features a digital CDI (Capacitor Discharge Ignition) system, which ensures reliable ignition and smooth engine operation.
Power Output: The engine generates a modest amount of power, usually around 8.2 to 8.6 horsepower (HP) at 7,500 to 7,500 RPM (revolutions per minute). This power output is well-suited for city commuting and short-distance travel.
Torque: The engine produces a peak torque of approximately 8.05 to 8.24 Nm (Newton-meters) at around 4,500 to 5,000 RPM. Torque is important for low-end power and acceleration.
- Fuel Efficiency: One of the standout features of the CT100 is its excellent fuel efficiency. It is designed to provide impressive mileage, making it a cost-effective choice for daily commuting.
- Low-End Torque: The engine’s torque characteristics are geared toward low-end power, which means it delivers adequate performance at lower RPMs. This is helpful for city riding and stop-and-go traffic.
- Smooth Operation: The engine is known for its smooth and vibration-free operation, contributing to rider comfort during commutes.
- Top Speed: While the CT100 is not designed for high-speed performance, it can typically reach a top speed of around 90-95 km/h (56-59 mph). It is best suited for urban and suburban commuting rather than highway cruising.
- Reliability: Bajaj has a reputation for producing reliable motorcycles, and the CT100 is no exception. Its simple and durable engine design contributes to its overall reliability.
- Emissions: Depending on the region, the CT100 may comply with local emissions standards, making it environmentally friendly and compliant with emission regulations.
You can also check out our app and rent a bike : Ontrack App | Bike rental in Bangalore.
Overall, the Bajaj CT100’s engine is engineered for efficiency, reliability, and ease of maintenance. It’s a practical choice for riders who prioritize fuel economy and a hassle-free commuting experience. While it may not offer high-end performance, it excels in its intended role as a budget-friendly commuter motorcycle.