Dozens of lives are lost every day as a result of careless driving, over speeding, driving under the influence of alcohol or even using mobile phones while riding. We at Ontrack – bike rental, care for each of those riders/ drivers out on the roads enjoying what they love the most; riding/ driving. We believe that the all the above accidents on the roads could be prevented through embracing and adhering to road safety-measures. Following are few tips to road safety:
- Follow the rules of the road: A smart rider should always obey the rules of the road and carry his/ her Driving License at any time. One should always plan the route to the destination, giving themselves enough time to reach there. And, should always wear protection gears and travel within the speed limit.
- Vehicle fitness: One should always ensure that their vehicle is ready for departure. Look for any faults and ensure full-check before embarking on the destination. Also, bikes should never be overloaded.
- Rider fitness: One should never ride under the influence of alcohol, avoid using mobile phones, and always be alert. Be physically prepared to take the journey.
- Rider behaviour: Risk takers are collision makers. One must always ride defensively, keep both eyes on the road and avoid all distractions. Keep the temper cool, never retaliate and be courteous towards the fellow rider.
- Recognise the safety of road users: have an instinct to identify the dangerous riders and pedestrians alongside the road and stay away from them. Always be visible and pay attention to broken signals and broken lights of other vehicles.
- Adjust to difficult terrain: One must always be extra cautious and adjust themselves to terrains while driving at night, in foggy or bad weather or when the road is wet. Treat your bike like a giant machine and keep total control over it.
- Emergency road equipment: keep essential roadside equipment with you as vehicles tend to breakdown due to minor problems. Always keep a number of roadside assistance and other emergencies saved on your phone, so that one is well-prepared for any eventuality